Seaton artist presents £1,000 to Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
The money will be used to enhance the garden area at the new centre in Honiton
Seaton artist and fundraiser Ursula Pratt presented a cheque for £1,000 to Hospiscare on Friday.
The money was raised at the East Devon Artists for Charity exhibition which she organised at Kennaway House in Sidmouth.
It will be used to buy two oak benches for the garden of the new Hospice Care Centre in Honiton.
Receiving the cheque Catherine Rawlinson, the appeal fundraiser, said they were very grateful to Ursula and her fellow artists for providing such a “fantastic sum”, helping to bring care closer to East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Added Ursula: “I would like to thank all the visitors and artists who supported our exhibition.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing