Seaton bids for share of �1million Portas cash
Resort joins the contest to be named a pilot town and win cash to revitalise its shopping centre
SEATON is bidding to become a Portas Pilot - and grab a share of �1million.
It is hoping to become one of 12 communities across the country which will receive major funding to breathe new life into their shopping centres.
The Government put up the cash after retail guru Mary Portas recently reported on the things that were needed to help revitalise towns across the nation
These include setting up a town team of businesses, local groups and councils to help build vitality through a series of ideas.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Seaton Town Council told The Herald they hoped to be one of the dozen lucky towns to receive a share of the cash.
He said: “Seaton is looking to set up a town team and one its first tasks will be to pursue a bid to become a ‘Portas Pilot’ and take a share of this money.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style