Seaton breaks Poppy Appeal record
On behalf of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, I would like to say congratulations and many thanks to the people of Seaton.
The final donations have now been collected and, despite the present day credit crunch, Seaton has risen to the challenge and managed to beat last year’s record amount with an even bigger record breaking final total of �7,512.
What an amazing achievement.
May I offer the Royal British Legion’s thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard to help organise the distribution of boxes, the hours spent standing at collection points and the time spent collecting and counting the money? Thanks also to all local businesses and establishments who supported us, with special thanks to the Seaton Co-op.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal Organiser (Seaton)
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 9 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local