Seaton breaks Poppy Appeal record
On behalf of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, I would like to say congratulations and many thanks to the people of Seaton.
The final donations have now been collected and, despite the present day credit crunch, Seaton has risen to the challenge and managed to beat last year’s record amount with an even bigger record breaking final total of �7,512.
What an amazing achievement.
May I offer the Royal British Legion’s thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard to help organise the distribution of boxes, the hours spent standing at collection points and the time spent collecting and counting the money? Thanks also to all local businesses and establishments who supported us, with special thanks to the Seaton Co-op.
Poppy Appeal Organiser (Seaton)
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 4 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 7 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
- 8 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 9 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 10 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open