Seaton breaks Poppy Appeal record
On behalf of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, I would like to say congratulations and many thanks to the people of Seaton.
The final donations have now been collected and, despite the present day credit crunch, Seaton has risen to the challenge and managed to beat last year’s record amount with an even bigger record breaking final total of �7,512.
What an amazing achievement.
May I offer the Royal British Legion’s thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard to help organise the distribution of boxes, the hours spent standing at collection points and the time spent collecting and counting the money? Thanks also to all local businesses and establishments who supported us, with special thanks to the Seaton Co-op.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal Organiser (Seaton)
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 9 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future