Seaton: Business owner calls for councillors to be 'sacked'
SEATON business owner Chris Chappell has called for councillors at East Devon District Council to be sacked by the electorate – in the wake of their approval for a Tesco in the resort.
SEATON business owner Chris Chappell has called for councillors at East Devon District Council to be sacked by the electorate - in the wake of their approval for a Tesco in the resort.
Mr Chappell, of Seaton Tackle Shop, has told the Herald: "I think all the planning committee members should be sacked, as they did not listen to the people of Seaton.
"We don't want a Tesco in Seaton, and where is all the flood water going to go?
"As far as I'm concerned, they only think of Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"Sack the lot of them; we need a new council that listens.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon