Seaton care home is rated ‘outstanding’
- Credit: Archant
A Seaton care home has been rated ‘outstanding’ following an official inspection in September.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) declared Thornfield, in Scalwell Lane, to be ‘effective, caring, well-led and responsive to people’s needs’.
Deborah Ivanova, deputy chief inspector of Adult Social Care, said: “Thornfield Care Home provided exceptional care that enhanced people’s lives and responded effectively to their needs. We were delighted to see how people were at the heart of the service, and staff demonstrated that they understood people, their views, their wishes and maintained people’s dignity and privacy at all times.
“It was encouraging to see a strong caring culture from all staff and a management team that were excellent role models for good practice. Staff morale was high and staff enjoyed their work and understood their roles and responsibilities.
“The service continuously worked to support people’s hobbies and interests to make sure people lived full and meaningful lives. The team should be extremely proud of the work they do. I congratulate the staff at Thornfield Care Home for achieving our highest rating.”
You may also want to watch:
The home had been designed to be ‘dementia friendly’ and to stimulate and support people. Staff had been trained to provide excellent end-of-life care and were able to help people feel calm, pain free and safe.
The full inspection report can be found at: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-122028859
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts