Seaton care home launches new coffee shop
- Credit: Archant
New facility is named Gasson’s after the care home’s hard-working maintenance man Bryan Gasson
Residents at ‘The Seaton’ care home now have their own coffee shop.
It has been named Gasson’s after the home’s maintenance man Bryan Gasson, who worked incredibly hard to construct the new space.
The new café will serve specialist roasted coffee blends, hot chocolate and other barista-style beverages, along with freshly baked treats prepared in-house.
On launch day, entertainment was provided by friends of the care home Val and Phil Christmas with Cedric who serenaded staff, residents and guests with singing, and playing ukulele and the harmonica.
You may also want to watch:
Home manager Emma Seal said: “Being part of the local community contributes greatly to our ethos of bringing the outside in, and our fantastic new facility is part of this ongoing programme.
“Gasson’s coffee shop is a place where residents’ loved ones, as well as members of the community, can come together and experience social interactions that are authentic.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The Seaton Care Home, part of independent care provider Southern Healthcare.