Seaton carnival kicks-off week long festivities
SEATON’S Carnival week long of activities has kicked off with fun, songs and dancing.
Events started with a coffee morning in the Town Hall, followed by pavement artist performances on the Esplanade. Fire and Ice majorettes, Maypole dancers and musicians provided entertainment.
On Sunday, August 29, Songs of Praise was held as well as a classic car event, which ran from the Esplanade to Beach Road.
And during festivities, fourteen year-old Issy Somers, 14, was crowned carnival queen by former queen Lara Howard. Lily Hawkins and Jessica Hill are this year’s princesses.
Angela Broom, one of the organisers, said: “It’s going very well and the weather couldn’t be better for a change – apart from some rain on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the events so far have been well attended and people are having a good time.”
- 1 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 2 Town's extended Aldi store open again for shoppers
- 3 Seaton salutes its green-fingered garden winners
- 4 Have your say on shape of future town development
- 5 Bikers take the limelight at Wiscombe Park
- 6 Drama club rewarded for Christmas show that proved a winner
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Nursing home enjoys great outdoors with family barbecue
- 9 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 10 Lions defy effects of pandemic and give £17,000 to good causes