Seaton charity shops’ SOS for helpers
- Credit: Archant
Hospital League of Friends urgently needs volunteers for its two fundraising stores in the town
Volunteers are urgently needed to help in Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends’ charity shops.
The two stores in the resort raise vital funds for the local community hospital and the Seaton Friends Hospiscare@Home service.
Manager Lycia Moore said: “Seaton Hospital is still a very busy place, with a huge amount of outpatient services and a busy physiotherapy department, which the league continues to support.
“The League also fundraises for Seaton Friends Hospiscare@Home service which it completely funds at a cost of £5,000 per week.
You may also want to watch:
League volunteer Iris Maxam said: “Our shops are very busy, but I get a lot of enjoyment from working there. The League also has a social side, with coffee mornings and lunches. For me personally, I have made some very good friends and it is my way of giving something back to our local community.”
To find out more contact Louisa Clarke, retail manager on 01297 598250 or email the League at SeatonLOF@nhs.net
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis