Seaton clock is chiming again
Residents praised for supporting work to restore the historic timepiece
RESIDENTS backing the restoration of Seaton’s Jubilee Clock got a big hand at the weekend.
Mayor Peter Burrows praised all those who have played a part in making the historic timepiece tick again.
He told a gathering in the gardens on Saturday: “I would like to thank June Millman and the Seaton Carnival Committee for coming up trumps by paying for the repair of the chime and the resetting of the clock.
“I have received many offers of help but the offer of the full amount by the carnival committee came at the right time. I am also very grateful for the support shown by RBS Scaffolding, a local Seaton firm.
You may also want to watch:
“Early next year, in the good weather, we hope to complete the repairing of the masonry. Once again can I thank the Seaton residents who have shown their support for the work so far.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes