A Christmas message from Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends
- Credit: Seaton & District Hospital League of Friends
Groups and individuals have continued through this very difficult year raising funds for Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends, specifically for their Seaton Hospiscare@Home service.
The service is free but it is provided by Hospiscare and funded by Seaton Hospital League of Friends.
Hospiscare and Seaton Hospital League of Friends are both local charities who rely on your support and donations to operate.
Shirley Robinson, League trustee said: "We are a local charity, dependent on the support of local community-minded groups and individuals, which allows us to fund the vital end of life service, known as Seaton Hospiscare@Home.
“We very much appreciate the different ways local people have found this year to support our charity, from making and selling handcrafted items, to challenging personal feats, your support is very much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
Lycia Moore, League Manager said: “The support the League has received from the Beer Action Group this year has been incredible and we are very grateful for the monies they have raised for our Seaton Hospiscare@Home service, which is now in excess of £5,000 for the year.
“The monies raised will allow us to continue funding our much-needed palliative care service for people in our local community. The League would also like to thank Annie Boalch for her continued support and enthusiasm for our charity."
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
"Another young lady who supported our charity this year was Isla Heal, who completed a 10-mile cycle challenge on November 22 and raised an astonishing £1037.85 for our Seaton Hospiscare@Home service.
“The league would like to thank not only Isla, for completing this 10-mile cycle challenge, but also everyone who kindly sponsored her. Her fundraising event has provided a much-needed boost in our funds for our palliative care service.
"The League would like to take this opportunity to thank all our volunteers, customers and donors for their fantastic support during this very difficult year and wish them a very happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year."
For more information on Seaton & District Hospital League of Friends or the Seaton Hospiscare@Home service, please contact the League manager, Lycia Moore on 01297 20143 or email SeatonLOF@nhs.net.