Seaton fayre raises bumper sum for Cancer Research
Organsiers say town’s support for the event was ‘phenomenal’
“Phenomenal” was how organisers described the support for a charity fayre at Seaton on a rainy Saturday.
More than �1,586 was raised for Cancer Research during the event in the town hall.
“Despite poor weather so many people came and spent their hard-earned money with us – a phenomenal amount in the current economic climate, “said organiser Paul Vickers
“I would also very much like to thank those who gave us generous tombola prizes such as Mulberry Manor, butchers in Seaton, the Esso services station on Seaton Down Hill, Sidmouth Garden Centre - especially Alan for planting and nursing the 50 wonderful fuchsia plants - and Sue at the Lakeside Cafe at Lower Bruckland Nature Area, Musbury, for baking her wonderful scones for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Without these generous local people, our helpers and of course our supporters, we would never achieve such wonderful results.”
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'