Seaton gearing up for the big parade
Hundreds expected to pack the town for the colourful carnival procession
Seaton carnival is nearing its climax after a busy week, with the town expected to be packed for tomorrow’s big parade.
But first a grand variety night takes place in the town hall this evening (Friday August 31), starting at 6.30pm, and featuring, among others, the winners of the recent busking competition.
There is also a darts competition at Seaton Football Club.
Tomorrow (Saturday) is the big day with the illuminated carnival procession in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
But before that local hounds take centre stage with the carnival dog show on the Esplanade, starting at 10.30am
The big parade begins at 8pm, with hundreds expected to pack the streets to see the colourful floats and walking entries.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
Leading the parade will be Seaton’s royal party - queen Annemarie Langworthy and princesses Matilda Gaukroger and Jessica Hill.
Cups and certificates will be presented to the winning entries in the town hall from 10pm.
Full details of all carnival events, their times and locations are contained in the official programme on sale throughout the resort.