Seaton gearing up for the big parade
Hundreds expected to pack the town for the colourful carnival procession
Seaton carnival is nearing its climax after a busy week, with the town expected to be packed for tomorrow’s big parade.
But first a grand variety night takes place in the town hall this evening (Friday August 31), starting at 6.30pm, and featuring, among others, the winners of the recent busking competition.
There is also a darts competition at Seaton Football Club.
Tomorrow (Saturday) is the big day with the illuminated carnival procession in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
But before that local hounds take centre stage with the carnival dog show on the Esplanade, starting at 10.30am
The big parade begins at 8pm, with hundreds expected to pack the streets to see the colourful floats and walking entries.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Leading the parade will be Seaton’s royal party - queen Annemarie Langworthy and princesses Matilda Gaukroger and Jessica Hill.
Cups and certificates will be presented to the winning entries in the town hall from 10pm.
Full details of all carnival events, their times and locations are contained in the official programme on sale throughout the resort.