Seaton gearing up for the big parade
Hundreds expected to pack the town for the colourful carnival procession
Seaton carnival is nearing its climax after a busy week, with the town expected to be packed for tomorrow’s big parade.
But first a grand variety night takes place in the town hall this evening (Friday August 31), starting at 6.30pm, and featuring, among others, the winners of the recent busking competition.
There is also a darts competition at Seaton Football Club.
Tomorrow (Saturday) is the big day with the illuminated carnival procession in the evening.
But before that local hounds take centre stage with the carnival dog show on the Esplanade, starting at 10.30am
The big parade begins at 8pm, with hundreds expected to pack the streets to see the colourful floats and walking entries.
- 1 Proposals for new solar farm off land near A30
- 2 Dalwood country fair this August
- 3 Dog show to raise vital funds for Devon Air Ambulance and Blue Cross
- 4 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 5 Dracula at Seaton - something to sink your teeth into this summer
- 6 Property of the Week: Maroc House, Lyme Regis
- 7 Green flag award for four East Devon parks
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 10 Plans for new community on edge of Cranbrook could see more than 1,000 new homes built
Leading the parade will be Seaton’s royal party - queen Annemarie Langworthy and princesses Matilda Gaukroger and Jessica Hill.
Cups and certificates will be presented to the winning entries in the town hall from 10pm.
Full details of all carnival events, their times and locations are contained in the official programme on sale throughout the resort.