Seaton hardware store nails national title
Abbotts DIY shop is voted best retailer of the year for its value and “exceptional customer service”
ABBOTTS DIY and Homeware store in Seaton has been named the top UK hardware retailer of the year.
The firm, which also has a store at Ottery St Mary, nailed the title after beating off tough competition from hundreds of DIY shops from across the country.
The industry’s gold winners were announced during a glitzy event at the Manchester’s Hilton Deansgate.
Leading figures from across the DIY and garden industry attended and the awards were presented by comedian Paul Tonkinson.
Tony Abbott, owner of the family business said: “We are absolutely delighted to win this award, when you think of how many independent DIY and hardware stores there are across the UK to win this is a fantastic achievement. We are very proud to have won this, but really it’s a big thank you to all of our customers without whose support we could not of achieved this.”
To scoop the award Abbott’s, based in Harepath Road, had to meet very tough criteria, including showing exceptional customer service and product knowledge, as well as offering customers excellent value for money. Both its stores in Ottery and Seaton were visited by mystery shoppers.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 4 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 5 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 10 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
Added Mr Abbott: “To be ‘The UK’s Best Hardware Retailer’ certainly puts Ottery St Mary & Seaton on the map.”
The Judges, who were suppliers and leading hardware industry figures, praised Abbott’s for its: “Fantastic product ranges, well trained knowledgeable staff, good value for money, well laid out stores with lots of improvements in the last two years, lots of imaginative marketing, lots of investment, lots of ideas and lots of passion”
“The Abbott’s team have it all,” they added.