Seaton house fire

PUBLISHED: 10:45 04 November 2016 | UPDATED: 10:45 04 November 2016

Seaton Fire Station

Seaton Fire Station

Archant

Blaze was confined to an airing cupboard at the two storey property in Old Beer Road

Firefighters were called to a report of smoke coming from an airing cupboard at a house in Seaton this morning (Friday November 4).

Three appliances from Seaton, Colyton and Axminster attended this incident at a two-storey property in Old Beer Road at around 8am. An Operational Assurance Officer was also mobilised.

Crews found a small fire confined to towelling in the airing cupboard. They isolated the electrics as a precautionary measure. The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald