Seaton Knit and Natter group’s royal tea party
- Credit: Archant
Members toast Harry and Meghan with a glass of ‘fizz’ and wish them a long and happy life together
Members of Seaton’s Knit and Natter Group held a tea party to herald the royal wedding.
They invited local people to join the celebrations at Number One in Harepath Road.
Activities included a royal quiz, a royal wedding hat parade, which was judged by the Mayor of Seaton Peter Burrows, and a cream tea with a toast to Prince Harry and Meghan, wishing them a long and happy life together.
The Knit and Natter Group is part of Devon Age UK and the event was organised by its CEO Sophie Littlewood.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton volunteer Wendy Millett said: “We all enjoyed a lovely cream tea and toasted the royal couple with some ‘fizz’. The party was open to anyone who wanted to come and join in.”
* If anyone would like any information on Age UK Devon’s activities and services, they can telephone the organisation
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
on 0333 241 2340.