Seaton man awarded his 5th Dan Black Belt in USA
- Credit: Archant
Amrik Singh flies to Los Angeles to be graded in front of a panel of leading martial arts experts
A Seaton martial arts expert travelled to the USA to achieve his 5th Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Dynamics
Amrik Singh’s grading session took place in Los Angeles in front of a panel consisting of professors and grandmasters teaching and training at the Martial Science University (MSU) in California.
He had to undergo eight hours of intensive practical and theoretical examination, while being observed and tested by his Instructor, Dr Ron Chapel, of LAPD, and the rest of the grading panel.
Now he has returned to Seaton with new and diverse knowledge from an array of combative styles - which he will be incorporating in his own Kenpo Dynamics.
You may also want to watch:
In addition Mr Singh will be teaching Sublevel Tactical Kenpo, as a first generation student of Dr Chapel - a rare privilege and a real opportunity for those interested in learning self-defence at its highest efficiency.
Mr Singh is teaching at the Seaton Martial Arts Centre on Monday and Thursday, 7.30pm start.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery