Seaton farm set to open its doors
- Credit: Archant
Gatcombe Farm is inviting visitors to its Open Farm Sunday event on June 10
The Reed Family at Seaton’s Gatcombe Farm will be opening their doors to the public for their third time on June 10.
Last year more than 1,000 people went along to their Open Farm Sunday event.
Admission is free but any money donated will be given to the Devon Freewheelers, who will be in attendance.
Gatcombe, alongside the A3052 Sidmouth to Lyme Regis coast road, is a robotic dairy farm so there is opportunity to see the machines milking the cows through the day, which runs from 11am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
With sheepshearing, vet and foot trimming demonstrations and tractor and trailer rides there is plenty of farming activity to keep everyone interested.
Visitors can also see the baby calves, youngstock and dairy cows up close.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
Refreshments will be available from The Grazing Cow, Branscombe Brewery and ice creams from Verneys Molton Ice.
Well behaved dogs are welcome on leads and there is plenty of parking. Remember to wear suitable footwear for the weather conditions. Enquiries to 01297 21235.