Seaton police hunt ‘mindless vandals’
Yobs attacked a car abandoned when its driver was taken ill and had to go to hospital
SEATON police are hunting “mindless” vandals who caused �1,000 damage to a car abandoned after its owner was taken ill.
The black BMW was left at Weston Cross - the road leading out of Branscombe at the crossroads for Weston and Oakdown – on June 18, when the driver had to be taken to hospital with severe abdominal pains.
Sometime over the next few hours villains attacked the vehicle and broke the windscreen wipers, the wing mirrors and damaged the bonnet and tyres.
Seaton police officer PC Steve Speariett said it was a mindless act of criminal damage.
He added: “It has caused a great deal of distress to the vehicle owners who believed their car would be safe whilst they were being treated at hospital. I would appeal to any witnesses who saw anybody near to the location or know of any groups that were walking from Branscombe towards Sidmouth after 10pm on Saturday night.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Seaton Police Station on 08452 777 444 or crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 - quoting reference KN/11/225.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route