Seaton police target underage drinking
SEATON police are targeting underage drinking hot spots and seizing alcohol from youngsters – and fining adults caught buying alcohol for minors.
SEATON police are targeting underage drinking hot spots and seizing alcohol from youngsters - and fining adults caught buying alcohol for minors.
The latest operation comes after residents raised concerns that young people were able to get alcohol by stopping adults in the street and asking them to buy it from shops.
Underage drinkers found in possession or under the influence of alcohol will be taken home or their parents can collect them from the police station.
Neighbourhood beat manager Pc Roy Hutters said: "Young people are more vulnerable when they have been drinking and we do not want to put themselves or others at greater risk of harm.
You may also want to watch:
"We're asking parents to help us tackle this problem by refusing to buy alcohol for their children and not letting them take alcohol out of the home.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Honiton u3a group tackles international art theft
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up