Seaton in Bloom winners announced
- Credit: Archant
This summer’s Seaton in Bloom competition attracted a bumper 28 entries – more than double last year.
With several new gardens on the judging route organisers decided to create two new categories - best courtyard and best community allotment.
The judges this year were town councillors Jack Rowland and Tony Antoniou.
Seaton mayor Cllr Ken Beer presented the awards to the winners at a presentation evening held recently.
Seaton Primary School won the best community allotment prize.
You may also want to watch:
A bloom contest spokeswoman said: "The school garden club did a fantastic job of providing us with a collage of their garden, demonstrating all the hard work and efforts involved in bringing their allotment up to competition standard."
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Large front garden - 1 Mr Anning, 57 Eyewell Green. Medium front garden - 1 Vicky Hillier, Cliff Castle, 2 Douglas Looskan, 18 Wychall Park, 3 Roxanne Munro, 43 Prince Charles Way. Small front garden - 1 Alan Wright, 19 Churston Rise, 2 Pamela Bengey of No 2 RV Caravan at Manor Farm, 3 Paul Courts of 18 Royal Observer Way. Best communal residential area - 1 Jubilee Lodge & Jubilee Mews, 2 Manor Close Tenant's Association. Best council allotment - 1 plot 34 & plot 29a Mr Malcolm Hammett, 2 plot 36B Andrea Marshall, 3 plot 7A Paul Courts. Best community allotment - 1 Seaton Primary School Garden Club. Best business display - 1 Seaswift House Residential Home, Seahill, 2 Pebbles B&B, 2 Sea Hill, Peter Norris, 3 Kerri-Ann Briggs, Imagine, Design, Create, Queen St. Best courtyard - 1 Nan MacDonald, Magnolia Cottage, 33 Fore Street, 2 Patricia Ingham, 26 Seaton Down Road, 3 Melanie Letheren, 38 Fore Street.