Seaton pub regulars splash out for the lifeboats
- Credit: Archant
Winstons’ 12-hour music marathon riases £1,176 for the RNLI
Seaton pub-goers pushed the boat out during a 12-hour music marathon - and raised a bumper £1,176 for the RNLI.
Eleven singers and bands performed free at the festival at Winstons Bar and Grill, in Harbour Road.
Wendy Cummins, secretary of the Seaton, Beer and District Branch of the RNLI, praised all those who took part and said they were delighted with the result.
She said: “A great big thank you is extended to Irene, Derek and all the Winstons’ staff. Also to Mandy and Steve Graham for all their help and organisation and to Chris Oakes for putting so much work into making the 12 hours such a success, as well as Winstons’ customers for supporting the event and the RNLI. There were more than 20 prizes in the mega raffle, donated by local and national businesses and tourist attractions. The holiday in Wales was won by a couple from Seaton and the television donated by Seaton Tesco was won by a local lady.
You may also want to watch:
The branch also held a collection at Seaton Tesco during two days in May and collected £351.60 and £474.65, respectively.
“Our grateful thanks go to the customers and staff who donated and to Tesco Seaton for their continuing support,” added Mrs Cummins.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The next branch event is Beer Lifeboat Week from Saturday, July 4, to Friday, July 10. The week includes the annual street collection, Two Brews for the Crew, the 10th annual duck race day, a cream tea afternoon and a music night at the Dolphin Hotel. Further details will follow nearer the event.
Volunteers are needed at the events and at the branch shop, at Beer. For further details call 01297 23040.a