Seaton pupils did great at The Grizzly
- Credit: Archant
Primary School youngsters showed excellent stamina to complete their races
Despite freezing conditions, some 90 children from Seaton Primary School took part in The Grizzly race.
They competed in the 2k fun run, 2k junior cub run or 4k Junior Grizzly races.
The children showed excellent stamina to complete the races, demonstrating the effect their ‘daily mile’ is having on their fitness levels.
Highest finishers were: Rupert Oldfield (6th), Ray Larner (7th) and Alfie Mungovan (9th) in the under 8s 2k Fun Run; Harrison Walker (4th), Jenson Mitchell (5th), Devon Welsh (9th) and Charlotte Mansfield (12th and first girl) in the under 11s, 2k junior cub. Jericho (15th) and Zosia (24th) Hannant in the over 11s 4k Junior Grizzly.
You may also want to watch:
A number of staff and parents also took part in the modified Grizzly run on Sunday, March 18.
A JustGiving page for the event was set up by parent Marc Coleman to raise funds for the PTA – which currently stands at £421. The money will go towards a school disco and improving outdoor environment.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery