Seaton regeneration: Crunch time
THE fate of Seaton s regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
THE fate of Seaton's regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
More than 60 people have indicated they would like to speak at the meeting, which will determine rival planning applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's.
Rumours that the district council has employed security guards to control crowd numbers at the meeting are untrue, the council said this morning.
However, police have offered to attend because of the sheer volume of people expected to turn out for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Seats at the town hall meeting are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Re-visit this website to find out what the meeting decides.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching