Seaton regeneration: Crunch time
THE fate of Seaton s regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
THE fate of Seaton's regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
More than 60 people have indicated they would like to speak at the meeting, which will determine rival planning applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's.
Rumours that the district council has employed security guards to control crowd numbers at the meeting are untrue, the council said this morning.
However, police have offered to attend because of the sheer volume of people expected to turn out for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Seats at the town hall meeting are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Re-visit this website to find out what the meeting decides.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 4 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 5 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 6 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Have your say on shape of future town development