Seaton regeneration: Crunch time
THE fate of Seaton s regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
THE fate of Seaton's regeneration proposals will be decided today when a special meeting of East Devon District Council is held in the resort.
More than 60 people have indicated they would like to speak at the meeting, which will determine rival planning applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's.
Rumours that the district council has employed security guards to control crowd numbers at the meeting are untrue, the council said this morning.
However, police have offered to attend because of the sheer volume of people expected to turn out for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Seats at the town hall meeting are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Re-visit this website to find out what the meeting decides.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon