Seaton regeneration: Decision meeting postponed
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury s and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
East Devon District Council's development management committee was due to hold a meeting at Seaton Town Hall on Friday, August 7, to look at proposals for the regeneration area.
But a spokesman for EDDC's planning service said the event has been delayed for five weeks to enable the consultation process to be fully completed.
He said: "The meeting will be looking at four complex sets of proposals -full applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's for supermarkets, a separate outline application from Tesco for the wider regeneration area, and a proposal from the Axe Riverside Company for housing on a site near Axmouth Harbour.
You may also want to watch:
"All these applications need very careful consideration.
"There has been a significant degree of consultation and some of the feedback is still awaited.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
"This has caused delays in completing planning officers' final reports to the committee.
"We need to do this job thoroughly - we must get it right for Seaton and Axmouth.
"The added advantage of the delay is that the holiday period will be over and so everyone with an interest in this meeting should be able to attend."
The meeting will now take place on Tuesday, September 15, at Seaton Town Hall.