Seaton residents to vote on how to spend �75,000
SEATON residents can vote on how they would like �75,000 spent in the town.
The funds, from East Devon District Council, are available for sports provision – due to recent housing developments in the area
Proposals previously put forward by Seaton’s voluntary and community groups range from an outdoor gym to a BMX track.
Now residents are invited to make their choice at two open days this month.
Seaton’s Deputy Mayor, Councillor Julia Roebuck said “This is a great opportunity to spend Seaton’s money where our local community decides it should be spent.”
You may also want to watch:
Voting will take place on Friday, July 16, from 9am to 1pm, at the Farmers’ Market in the town hall and on Sunday, July 18, from 10am to 2pm, at the street fair on the seafront.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers