Seaton residents to vote on how to spend �75,000
SEATON residents can vote on how they would like �75,000 spent in the town.
The funds, from East Devon District Council, are available for sports provision – due to recent housing developments in the area
Proposals previously put forward by Seaton’s voluntary and community groups range from an outdoor gym to a BMX track.
Now residents are invited to make their choice at two open days this month.
Seaton’s Deputy Mayor, Councillor Julia Roebuck said “This is a great opportunity to spend Seaton’s money where our local community decides it should be spent.”
Voting will take place on Friday, July 16, from 9am to 1pm, at the Farmers’ Market in the town hall and on Sunday, July 18, from 10am to 2pm, at the street fair on the seafront.
- 1 Did visit prompt Queen Victoria to choose Honiton lace for wedding dress?
- 2 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 3 A site for sore eyes
- 4 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Mud and obelisks for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 8 Candidates sought to stand as new town councillors
- 9 'Setting a balanced budget for Devon'
- 10 Honiton Ladies reach Quarter Finals of the National Yetton Trophy