Seaton residents urged to help shape town’s future
Resort is given one last chance to influence development policies for the next 15 years
SEATON residents are being urged to grasp a final opportunity to influence long-term planning for their town.
East Devon District Council is inviting councillors across the region to make representations on behalf of their communities concerning the proposed Local Development Framework policy.
This blueprint will set out a vision for development in the district over the next 15 years.
The district council will meet on September 6, when Seaton Town Council will have its one opportunity to contribute comments from the community to influence the final decisions which will be made about future development in their town.
The plans and information from the “Summary Vision and Strategy for Seaton” will be on display in the town hall on Monday August 15 from 10am to 7pm for the public to see what is currently planned and to enable them to make relevant comments and suggestions.
Members of Seaton Town Council and East Devon’s planning department will be on hand to assist with any queries.
- 1 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 2 'Not if, it's when': Neil Parish says Boris Johnson should go
- 3 Historic charter day back in Honiton this July
- 4 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 7 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 8 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 9 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
Seaton residents are being encouraged to take part in the consultation and leave their opinions on the plans. The display will be left on view in the town hall foyer until 4pm on Friday August 19.