Seaton residents urged to help shape town’s future
Resort is given one last chance to influence development policies for the next 15 years
SEATON residents are being urged to grasp a final opportunity to influence long-term planning for their town.
East Devon District Council is inviting councillors across the region to make representations on behalf of their communities concerning the proposed Local Development Framework policy.
This blueprint will set out a vision for development in the district over the next 15 years.
The district council will meet on September 6, when Seaton Town Council will have its one opportunity to contribute comments from the community to influence the final decisions which will be made about future development in their town.
You may also want to watch:
The plans and information from the “Summary Vision and Strategy for Seaton” will be on display in the town hall on Monday August 15 from 10am to 7pm for the public to see what is currently planned and to enable them to make relevant comments and suggestions.
Members of Seaton Town Council and East Devon’s planning department will be on hand to assist with any queries.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme
Seaton residents are being encouraged to take part in the consultation and leave their opinions on the plans. The display will be left on view in the town hall foyer until 4pm on Friday August 19.