Seaton residents warned about cold callers
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders. Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public s vigilance.
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders.
Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public's vigilance.
A police spokesman said they were liaising with other agencies, including trading standards, to ensure that any offences are dealt with fully.
She said: "Residents in Seaton and the surrounding areas need to be wary of anyone 'cold calling' to the door offering services. These people are often operating unlawfully, may try to intimidate you and should be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
"Do not agree to any work with cold callers or enter into negotiations about money, and if they become persistent or aggressive call the police immediately.
"Anyone contemplating having work done should use a reputable company or individual. There is information on the Devon County Council website."
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
Anyone with any information about anyone carrying out this kind of work can call police on 08452 777 444.