Seaton residents warned about cold callers
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders. Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public s vigilance.
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders.
Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public's vigilance.
A police spokesman said they were liaising with other agencies, including trading standards, to ensure that any offences are dealt with fully.
She said: "Residents in Seaton and the surrounding areas need to be wary of anyone 'cold calling' to the door offering services. These people are often operating unlawfully, may try to intimidate you and should be avoided.
"Do not agree to any work with cold callers or enter into negotiations about money, and if they become persistent or aggressive call the police immediately.
"Anyone contemplating having work done should use a reputable company or individual. There is information on the Devon County Council website."
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
Anyone with any information about anyone carrying out this kind of work can call police on 08452 777 444.