Seaton residents warned about cold callers
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders. Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public s vigilance.
SEATON residents are being warned by about the dangers of cold callers, following two thwarted attempts by traders.
Police said they were able to stop and deal with the cold callers this week due to the public's vigilance.
A police spokesman said they were liaising with other agencies, including trading standards, to ensure that any offences are dealt with fully.
She said: "Residents in Seaton and the surrounding areas need to be wary of anyone 'cold calling' to the door offering services. These people are often operating unlawfully, may try to intimidate you and should be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
"Do not agree to any work with cold callers or enter into negotiations about money, and if they become persistent or aggressive call the police immediately.
"Anyone contemplating having work done should use a reputable company or individual. There is information on the Devon County Council website."
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 8 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
Anyone with any information about anyone carrying out this kind of work can call police on 08452 777 444.