Seaton restaurant damaged in shed blaze

PUBLISHED: 08:45 23 May 2018

Fire crews were sent to Pynes Lane to rescue the dog.

Fire crews were sent to Pynes Lane to rescue the dog.

Archant

A restaurant in Seaton was damaged by a fire that started in a nearby shed. Two further adjoining properties were also affected.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Trevelyan Road shortly after 4.30 am. One fire engine from the Seaton station and one from Axminster station were mobilised. A further fire engine was dispatched by Dorset and Wiltshire Fire Rescue from their Lyme Regis fire station.

On arrival crews found the origin of the fire was a shed which was being used for storage and the fire had spread to adjoining properties, one of which was the restaurant.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus using three hose reel jets and two safety jets extinguished the fire. They also prevented the fire from spreading.

The shed was completely destroyed by the fire, the restaurant sustained 10% damage through smoke and heat.

Crews confirmed the cause of the fire was accidental.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists