Seaton reveals plans to mark Queen’s jubilee
Fireworks and a massive picnic are amongst events planned to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Monarch’s reign
SEATON is planning to celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee in royal style next year.
The town council is joining forces with local organisations to present a bumper weekend of festivities “the town can be proud of”.
The celebrations will take place over the Bank Holiday weekend of June 2-5, and will aim to reflect the events Buckingham Palace has organised for the Queen.
The Seaton programme will feature a giant Jubilee picnic lunch at Cliff Field Gardens on Sunday June 3, with entertainment and fun for all the family.
And on Monday, June 4 there will be a variety of activities on the beach and around the town to include:
* A bicycle Epsom Derby.
- 1 Seaton beach wins blue flag status
- 2 Honiton Fire Station gives top tips to young drivers
- 3 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 4 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 5 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 6 New workshop launched to help struggling Axminster traders
- 7 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 8 M5 all lanes now reopened.
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Event for Devon farmers and landowners interested in agri-tech
* A community barbecue on the beach.
* Fireworks and the lighting of the resort’s official jubilee beacon.
Seaton in Bloom 2012 will also be based on a Jubilee and Olympic theme.
Now the town council wants to encourage businesses, organisations, churches, local groups and individuals to get involved or offer support for these activities.
And it wants to hear from people or groups planning other events over the weekend to celebrate the jubilee.
To find out more or to provide details of your jubilee events visit the council offices at the town hall in Fore Street, telephone (01297) 21388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org