Seaton reveals plans to mark Queen’s jubilee
Fireworks and a massive picnic are amongst events planned to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Monarch’s reign
SEATON is planning to celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee in royal style next year.
The town council is joining forces with local organisations to present a bumper weekend of festivities “the town can be proud of”.
The celebrations will take place over the Bank Holiday weekend of June 2-5, and will aim to reflect the events Buckingham Palace has organised for the Queen.
The Seaton programme will feature a giant Jubilee picnic lunch at Cliff Field Gardens on Sunday June 3, with entertainment and fun for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
And on Monday, June 4 there will be a variety of activities on the beach and around the town to include:
* A bicycle Epsom Derby.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
* A community barbecue on the beach.
* Fireworks and the lighting of the resort’s official jubilee beacon.
Seaton in Bloom 2012 will also be based on a Jubilee and Olympic theme.
Now the town council wants to encourage businesses, organisations, churches, local groups and individuals to get involved or offer support for these activities.
And it wants to hear from people or groups planning other events over the weekend to celebrate the jubilee.
To find out more or to provide details of your jubilee events visit the council offices at the town hall in Fore Street, telephone (01297) 21388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org