Seaton RNLI team’s SOS for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
More committee members are needed along with helpers to run the Beer fundraising shop
Seaton Beer and District Branch of the RNLI has sent out an SOS for more recruits.
Due to retirements additional members are needed to join the committee along with helpers to run the shop.
Organisers hope volunteers will go along to the annual general meeting on Tuesday, March 6, in the Function Room of the Dolphin Hotel, Beer, at 7.30pm.
There will be a guest speaker from Lyme Regis Lifeboat Station, refreshments and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will hear that once again the branch shop at Jubilee Gardens has had a very successful year thanks to the managers and volunteers.
The winter/spring opening times are currently 10.30am to 3pm, subject to weather and volunteer availability, with new helpers always welcome to man the store and attend events with the RNLI sales stall.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
The branch is planning a busy year of fundraising including collections, at the Grizzly Race weekend, a duck race day in July, attending both Seaton carnivals, the annual sponsored walk and attending events in the area which includes, Beer, Seaton, Axmouth, Musbury, Whitford, Colyford, Colyton and Branscombe.
Secretary Wendy Cummins said: “However, to continue with our table top sales and duck race day we need additional help in 2018, especially setting up and clearing up before and after events, a stall co-ordinator and bacon butty chef for the table top sales plus marshals and assistants for duck race day.
“Anyone who can assist or who knows anyone who can please come to our AGM, call in to our shop when open, telephone 01297 23040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated.”
Meanwhile the branch will be collecting at Seaton Tesco on Friday, March 16, and manning the drink station on Grizzly Race Day on Sunday, March 18, in conjunction with Beer Village Heritage at Beer Head Caravan Site. They be there from 9am to 4.30pm.
* Despite rainy and stormy weather the branch’s RNLI SOS table top sale earlier this year was very well supported and raised £425.58, officials have reported.
Chairman Ian Rangeley cooked his famous bacon butties and there was a variety of stalls