Seaton Rotarians become ‘Dementia Friends’
- Credit: Archant
Memebrs sign up to the latest campaign to change people’s perception of the condition
Members of Seaton Rotary Club have become ‘Dementia Friends’.
They signed up to the cause while attending a workshop run by the town’s Dementia Champion Yvonne Addington.
Rotarians attending were Mick Askew, Doug Smith, Merryn Smith, Gareth Davis, Jean Riorden, Les Andrews, Viv Bates and Terry Grimsley.
Yvonne explained that the Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme was its biggest ever initiative to change people’s perception of the condition. She thanked the Rotary Club for its geenerous donation of £100 towards the ongoing reminisce programme run by Seaton Memory Café which meets on the first Monday of the month, 2pm to 4pm, at Seaton Methodist Church Scalwell Lane.
You may also want to watch:
For further information please contact Yvonne Addington on 07827813776, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.seatonmemorycafe
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home