Seaton Rotarians thanked for their overseas aid
- Credit: Archant
Members receive ‘certificates of recognition’ from the people of The Philippines
The Rotary Club of Seaton has been presented with ‘certificates of recognition’ for its charitable work in the Philippines.
Members have been involved in aid projects there in partnership with their twin club, Illawarra Sunrise, of New South Wales, in Australia.
The certificates were presented for the work and fundraising carried out by Seaton’s Past President Jean Smith who has a close association with the Illawarra Club and visits them every year.
Together the two clubs have raised several thousands of pounds to help needy people in The Phillipines.
You may also want to watch:
The certificates were formally handed over to the club last week by past president Les Andrews, who was standing in for Jean Smith. He presented them to the president Gareth Davies and to the treasurer Terry Grimsley.
The Rotary International Club in Seaton is part of a worldwide organisation helping others - at home and abroad. Members meet on Mondays at the White Hart Swan Hill, Road Colyford.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax