Seaton Rotary appeal for cash to help drought victims
Money urgently needed to buy ShelterBoxes for the millions affected by food and water shortages
SEATON Rotary Club is making an urgent appeal for cash to help victims of the East African drought.
It needs money to buy ShelterBoxes which are being sent to supplement the work of other agencies in the crisis area.
Cheques made payable to Rotary Interaid can be sent to Jean Smith, Stafford Cottage, Stafford Cross, Colyton, Devon EX24 6HZ.
Alternatively they can be paid into the Interaid Account at Natwest Bank, Seaton.
This year has been the driest in the Eastern Horn of Africa since 1995 and the drought affecting the area is the worst in 60 years. Millions of families have been affected by massive water and food shortages. The drought and on-going conflict in Somalia has caused families to flee across the border to Kenya with more than 1,000 people arriving at the refugee camp in Dadaab every day.
Alongside Kenya, Ethiopia is also bearing the brunt of refugees from Somalia.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 5 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 6 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance Helicopter in need of repair following an emergency mission to Dartmoor