Seaton Rotary presents £500 to Hospiscare@Home
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Rotary Club has presented a £500 cheque to the town’s Hospiscare@Home service.
President Gareth Davies and treasurer Terry Grimsley presented the money to members of Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends, which operates the scheme.
The cash was raised by the local Rotarians during collections at the Seaton branches of the Co-op and Tesco just before Christmas.
A spokesman for The League of Friends said they wanted to thank everyone who kindly made a donation, with all monies raised going towards the local end-of-life service.
“The League would also like to thank The Rotary Club of Seaton for choosing our charity to raise much-needed funds for,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Rotary Club of Seaton has expressed its appreciation to both the Co-op and Seaton Tesco for allowing it to organise its collections, along with grateful thanks to all those who donated.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 10 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt