Seaton Rotary’s stamp of approval for Christmas card team
- Credit: Archant
Axe Valley Scouts and Guides receive donations for taking part in the festive postal service
Scouts and Guides in the Axe Valley have received a special delivery as a thank you for distributing Christmas cards to local homes.
They were given cash donations as their share of the proceeds for taking part in the Rotary Club of Seaton’s annual festive postal service.
Seaton Rotary President Gareth Davies handed over a cheque for £100 to Jane Johns the leader of the 1st Seaton Guides. She also collected a cheque for £100 on behalf of the 1st Seaton Scouts.
Gareth was accompanied by Terry Grimsley, the Seaton Rotary Club’s treasurer.
You may also want to watch:
Both the 1st Colyton Scouts and 1st Beer Scouts each received a cheque for £55 for their assistance with Christmas card deliveries.
A spokesman for Seaton Rotary Club told the Midweek Herald; “We look forward to Christmas 2018 when we shall do the same again and thank all our local residents for their support.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax