Seaton royal party crowned
Resort prepares to launch East Devon’s illuminated carnival season with its big procession on Saturday
Organisers of Seaton Carnival say the programme has got off to a great start despite having to cancel Monday’s street fayre because of rain.
Secretary Marie Churchill said they were delighted with the success of the opening weekend – when even the weather did not stop people having fun.
She told The Herald: “I’m really looking forward to the events throughout the rest of the week and the main procession and I’m just hoping the weather will be perfect for next Saturday.
“I would like to thank everyone that has helped and supported the carnival so far. We do need collectors for the procession night so we can give more money to local charities and also help the carnival happen every year.
“Collecting tins are available from outside The Vault from 6.30pm.”
Heading up Saturday’s procession, which starts at 8pm, will be the royal party - carnival queen Annemarie Langworthy and the princesses Matilda Gaukroger and Jessica Hill.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 8 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 9 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
Full details of all the carnival week events are included in the official programme which is on sale throughout the town.