Seaton royal party installed as carnival begins
Girls are crowned by last year’s carnival queen Issy Somers
SEATON’S royal party was officially installed at a ceremony in the Jubilee Gardens yesterday (Sunday).
Queen Rosie Manley and her princesses, Caittin Grace Hope Sutherland and Freya Robley were chosen to lead the carnival parade, at a talent contest in May.
The three girls were “crowned” by last year’s Seaton carnival queen Issy Somers.
The Seaton Illuminated Carnival – the first in the East Devon circuit – starts at 8pm on Saturday (September 3).
You may also want to watch:
Visit our photo gallery to see more weekend carnival events.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone