Seaton royal party installed as carnival begins
Girls are crowned by last year’s carnival queen Issy Somers
SEATON’S royal party was officially installed at a ceremony in the Jubilee Gardens yesterday (Sunday).
Queen Rosie Manley and her princesses, Caittin Grace Hope Sutherland and Freya Robley were chosen to lead the carnival parade, at a talent contest in May.
The three girls were “crowned” by last year’s Seaton carnival queen Issy Somers.
The Seaton Illuminated Carnival – the first in the East Devon circuit – starts at 8pm on Saturday (September 3).
Visit our photo gallery to see more weekend carnival events.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown