Seaton’s Voice has plenty to shout about
Town hall management team become the first in Devon to gain triple award in one go
Community group Seaton’s Voice has collected a prestigious award for the way it has run the town hall.
Recently it became the first management group in Devon to successfully complete all three proficiency levels in one go.
Last week members received their “Hallmark of quality” certificate from Martin Rich, of the Community Council of Devon.
The national award is a mark of excellence in management and confirms that all procedures and paperwork are correctly in place and practiced.
Two assessors spent a day going through paperwork and talking to the girls who run the hall and their final comments praised the professionalism and passion of the team.
Seaton’s Voice is a community interest company which took over the running of their town hall, turning it into a successful community hub within 18 months.
- 1 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 2 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 5 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 6 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 7 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 8 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
East Devon District Council had been suffering annual losses of around �30,000 before this partnership and new venture was started in January 2011.
Receiving the three ceretificates at a cemeornu in the hall Voice director Carol Manley said: “ The greatest thing about this award was the comments about passion and professionalism of all involved. They weren’t just talking about the team, they were talking about all our volunteers and groups who are involved in this amazing community drive to not only save our town hall but to make it the best it can be across the East Devon Area.
“Seaton has been ‘The Big Society’ in action, where everyone has come together to do something. We are very proud to accept the award and look forward to an amazing and exciting future as we create a destination venue for entertainment, performing arts - a truly vibrant community hub run for and by the community.”