Seaton savers’ small change makes a big difference
- Credit: Archant
Yorkshire Building Society members donate money to help local worthy causes
Yorkshire Building Society’s Charitable Foundation has thanked its members in Seaton for contributing to the more than £4million donated charities and good causes around the UK.
Flamingo Pool at Axminster, Seaton Memory Cafe and Devon Air Ambulance Trust are just some of the local charities that have benefited from donations.
The foundation is funded through the ‘Small Change Big Difference’ scheme where members donate the pennies from the interest on their mortgage or savings accounts just once a year to help smaller charities around the UK.
Stuart Carrington, proprietor of the Yorkshire’s Seaton agency based at Thomas Westcott Chartered Accountants in Fore Street, said: “The Charitable Foundation would not exist without the support of our members who, on average, donate less than 50p a year. But all that small change really does add up to enable the Charitable Foundation to make a big difference – as the charities that have benefited here in Seaton will know.
You may also want to watch:
the charities that have benefited here in Seaton will know.”
“We’re really proud of the impact the Charitable Foundation has had on our community and we want that to continue. If you know a charity that could benefit from a donation please come in and have a chat with a member of our team.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The Charitable Foundation supports UK registered charities which aim to improve peoples’ health, save lives and alleviate poverty with donations from £250 to £2,000.
In 2016, the Charitable Foundation paid 1,813 donations totaling £554,229 to good causes and charities throughout the UK.
For more information about our Small Change Big Difference scheme and to see an interactive map of recent Charitable Foundation donations visit www.ybs.co.uk/charitablefoundation