Hats off to Seaton quiz night supporters
- Credit: Archant
Two charity quiz nights at The Hat micropub in Seaton have raised £90 for the local primary’s school’s parent and teachers association (PTA).
The money will fund much-needed maths resources for seven to 11-year-old children to support them with learning and problem-solving, using visual aids.
PTA chairman Louise Hancock said: "We are very grateful to The Hat and its Wednesday night quiz contestants for this kind donation which will go towards a funding request we have received from the school for maths resources in key stage 2."
The Hat is the only pub in Seaton to be featured in CAMRA's Good Beer Guide, boasting an array of local ales and a friendly atmosphere.
Its weekly charity quiz night is held on Wednesday evenings at 7pm for 7.30pm throughout the winter months.
You may also want to watch:
There is no entry fee but donations are requested towards The Hat's chosen charity.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery