Seaton snow is chilling experience for Thai visitors
Parking meter is transformed into a snowman
THEY don’t see much of the white stuff where they’ve come from - so youngsters Harry and Sammy Carter enjoyed making a snowman out of one of Seaton’s seafront parking meters on Monday.
They had left the 30 degree shade temperatures of sweltering Thailand to fly to England a fortnight ago.
Their dad Stephen, who sent us this photo of the snowman in his “ba humbug” hat, said: “We came over to visit my mum and dad, Anne and David Carter from Lyme Mews.
“I don’t think a great deal of the parking meters. Everyone who has gone past has raised a smile and loads have stopped to take photos of the snow meter.”
You may also want to watch:
The Carters, including mum Kee, return to Thailand on January 6 and, says Stephen, will look forward to warming up in the sunshine there.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary