Seaton snow is chilling experience for Thai visitors
Parking meter is transformed into a snowman
THEY don’t see much of the white stuff where they’ve come from - so youngsters Harry and Sammy Carter enjoyed making a snowman out of one of Seaton’s seafront parking meters on Monday.
They had left the 30 degree shade temperatures of sweltering Thailand to fly to England a fortnight ago.
Their dad Stephen, who sent us this photo of the snowman in his “ba humbug” hat, said: “We came over to visit my mum and dad, Anne and David Carter from Lyme Mews.
“I don’t think a great deal of the parking meters. Everyone who has gone past has raised a smile and loads have stopped to take photos of the snow meter.”
You may also want to watch:
The Carters, including mum Kee, return to Thailand on January 6 and, says Stephen, will look forward to warming up in the sunshine there.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year