Seaton snow is chilling experience for Thai visitors
Parking meter is transformed into a snowman
THEY don’t see much of the white stuff where they’ve come from - so youngsters Harry and Sammy Carter enjoyed making a snowman out of one of Seaton’s seafront parking meters on Monday.
They had left the 30 degree shade temperatures of sweltering Thailand to fly to England a fortnight ago.
Their dad Stephen, who sent us this photo of the snowman in his “ba humbug” hat, said: “We came over to visit my mum and dad, Anne and David Carter from Lyme Mews.
“I don’t think a great deal of the parking meters. Everyone who has gone past has raised a smile and loads have stopped to take photos of the snow meter.”
You may also want to watch:
The Carters, including mum Kee, return to Thailand on January 6 and, says Stephen, will look forward to warming up in the sunshine there.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death