Seaton snow is chilling experience for Thai visitors
Parking meter is transformed into a snowman
THEY don’t see much of the white stuff where they’ve come from - so youngsters Harry and Sammy Carter enjoyed making a snowman out of one of Seaton’s seafront parking meters on Monday.
They had left the 30 degree shade temperatures of sweltering Thailand to fly to England a fortnight ago.
Their dad Stephen, who sent us this photo of the snowman in his “ba humbug” hat, said: “We came over to visit my mum and dad, Anne and David Carter from Lyme Mews.
“I don’t think a great deal of the parking meters. Everyone who has gone past has raised a smile and loads have stopped to take photos of the snow meter.”
You may also want to watch:
The Carters, including mum Kee, return to Thailand on January 6 and, says Stephen, will look forward to warming up in the sunshine there.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre