Seaton street party helps keep lifeboat afloat
Royal wedding celebrations in Burrow Road raise �400 for the RNLI
A Royal wedding street party in Seaton has boosted RNLI funds by more than �400.
The celebrations, in Burrow Road, Seaton, were organised by Janine Barradale and her friend Zoe Lloyd.
And last week, along with one of their sponsors, Janine and Zoe presented the bumper cheque to the RNLI lifeboat station in Lyme Regis.
The street party was sponsored by Tesco and ISG Pearce and Westminster Dredging who are contractors on the new superstore site in Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
Janine said: “We had a superb party with 300 people and we were delighted with our collection for the lifeboat charity.”
The two organisers were presented with a certificate of appreciation by 19 year old lifeboat crewman Ritchie Durrant.
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Plea for help in the community as Devon deals with shortage of carers
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby