Seaton street party helps keep lifeboat afloat
Royal wedding celebrations in Burrow Road raise �400 for the RNLI
A Royal wedding street party in Seaton has boosted RNLI funds by more than �400.
The celebrations, in Burrow Road, Seaton, were organised by Janine Barradale and her friend Zoe Lloyd.
And last week, along with one of their sponsors, Janine and Zoe presented the bumper cheque to the RNLI lifeboat station in Lyme Regis.
The street party was sponsored by Tesco and ISG Pearce and Westminster Dredging who are contractors on the new superstore site in Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
Janine said: “We had a superb party with 300 people and we were delighted with our collection for the lifeboat charity.”
The two organisers were presented with a certificate of appreciation by 19 year old lifeboat crewman Ritchie Durrant.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op