Seaton supermarket meeting postponed
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury s and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
East Devon District Council's development management committee was due to hold a meeting at Seaton Town Hall on Friday, August 7, to look at proposals for the Regeneration Area.
But a spokesman for EDDC's planning service said the event has been delayed for five weeks to enable the consultation process to be fully completed.
He said: "The meeting will be looking at four complex sets of proposals -full applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's for supermarkets, a separate outline application from Tesco for the wider regeneration area, and a proposal from the Axe Riverside Company for housing on a site near Axmouth Harbour.
"All these applications need very careful consideration. There has been a significant degree of consultation and some of the feedback is still awaited. This has caused delays in completing planning officers' final reports to the committee.
"We need to do this job thoroughly - we must get it right for Seaton and Axmouth. The added advantage of the delay is that the holiday period will be over and so everyone with an interest in this meeting should be able to attend."
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 8 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 9 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
The meeting will now take place on Tuesday, September 15, at Seaton Town Hall.