Seaton supermarket meeting postponed
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury s and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
A MEETING to consider planning applications from Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Axe Riverside Company has been postponed.
East Devon District Council's development management committee was due to hold a meeting at Seaton Town Hall on Friday, August 7, to look at proposals for the Regeneration Area.
But a spokesman for EDDC's planning service said the event has been delayed for five weeks to enable the consultation process to be fully completed.
He said: "The meeting will be looking at four complex sets of proposals -full applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's for supermarkets, a separate outline application from Tesco for the wider regeneration area, and a proposal from the Axe Riverside Company for housing on a site near Axmouth Harbour.
You may also want to watch:
"All these applications need very careful consideration. There has been a significant degree of consultation and some of the feedback is still awaited. This has caused delays in completing planning officers' final reports to the committee.
"We need to do this job thoroughly - we must get it right for Seaton and Axmouth. The added advantage of the delay is that the holiday period will be over and so everyone with an interest in this meeting should be able to attend."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
The meeting will now take place on Tuesday, September 15, at Seaton Town Hall.