Seaton swim helps RNLI stay buoyant
Record year for lifeboat fund raisers in the Seaton area
PLUCKY lifeboat supporters took the plunge at Seaton to help keep the life-saving service afloat.
Sally Bunkell organised a winter swim and encouraged fellow regulars at Colyton’s Kingfisher Inn to join her - Alison Kay, Carla Thurston and Stephen Henagulph. They raised �156.48.
Seaton, Beer and District branch of the RNLI’s recent fund raising also included �128 at a coffee morning at The Mariners Hall, Beer, and�76 at a quiz night, won by the Meadow Larks, from Beer.
The next big event for the branch is the annual general meeting on Tuesday March 8, at 7.30pm, in the Function Room of the Dolphin Hotel, Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Members will hear of another successful year with a record fund raising total of �34,852 from the Beer souvenir kiosk.
A further �15,003.66 was raised though branch events, street collections and donations. This includes �702.05 from sponsorship raised by Tracey Cummins ,daughter of branch secretary Wendy Cummins, by competing in the Bristol 10k run in May and �538.50 from their 34th annual sponsored walk in October.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
Amongst plans for the future is a replacement kiosk for Beer and a recruitment drive to gain more members, including a new treasurer to replace Vincent Roberts who has retired.
Said Mrs Cummins: “Once again we would like to extend a very big thank you to all our volunteers and supporters in our area for their continuing support that is greatly appreciated by us at the local branch and at RNLI headquarters.”
Areas covered by the branch include Seaton, Axmouth, Musbury, Whitford, Colyford, Colyton, Branscombe and Beer.