Seaton swimmers raise �150
SEATON Guides raised �150 for their chosen charity with a sponsored swim. Girl guides took part in the event at Peacehaven, in Harepath Hill, to raise cash for Water Aid.
SEATON Guides raised �150 for their chosen charity with a sponsored swim.
Girl guides took part in the event at Peacehaven, in Harepath Hill, to raise cash for Water Aid.
The guides decided on the charity, which enables the world's poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education, as their project.
The project aims to raise funds that will help improve the lives of some of the poorest communities in Nepal.
Unit leader Heather Piggott said: "By holding a sponsored swim, Seaton Guides have appreciated how lucky they are to have plentiful water, a whole swimming pool for them to enjoy themselves - while raising funds for girls in Nepal who walk miles to collect water for their families."
The swimming was open free of charge for the event.
- 1 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 2 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 3 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 4 Serious road accident at Wilmington
- 5 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 6 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 7 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 8 Rise on the rise with confident home victory
- 9 Bringing the best of British to Honiton
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products