Seaton swimmers raise �150
SEATON Guides raised �150 for their chosen charity with a sponsored swim. Girl guides took part in the event at Peacehaven, in Harepath Hill, to raise cash for Water Aid.
SEATON Guides raised �150 for their chosen charity with a sponsored swim.
Girl guides took part in the event at Peacehaven, in Harepath Hill, to raise cash for Water Aid.
The guides decided on the charity, which enables the world's poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education, as their project.
The project aims to raise funds that will help improve the lives of some of the poorest communities in Nepal.
You may also want to watch:
Unit leader Heather Piggott said: "By holding a sponsored swim, Seaton Guides have appreciated how lucky they are to have plentiful water, a whole swimming pool for them to enjoy themselves - while raising funds for girls in Nepal who walk miles to collect water for their families."
The swimming was open free of charge for the event.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 4 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 5 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 6 Honiton Rugby Club recruitment day
- 7 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
- 8 Council unveils new £2million business support fund
- 9 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 10 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster