Seaton teenager loses battle for life
Cyclist never recovered from massive head injuries
A SEATON teenager has died - a week after falling from his bicycle.
Kyle Littley, 17, suffered massive head injuries after crashing near Colyton Grammar School in the early hours of Saturday November 14.
Yesterday his uncle Michael Markham told The Herald: “He fell off his bike in Gully Shoot and hit is head on the wall of a driveway.
“He was discovered unconscious by a taxi driver who called an ambulance. He was taken to hospital in Exeter but was immediately transferred to Derriford for specialist care.
You may also want to watch:
“After a week-long battle in ICU the doctors were unable to save him and he died on Sunday afternoon with his mother at his side.
“It was two months to the day before his 18th birthday.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
“He leaves behind a Loving mother, Tina, and father, Neil, a sister and a very distraught family. All who new him loved him and he will be very sadly missed.”
Tributes were paid to Kyle by his friends on the Facebook Website headed – “Rest in peace - we all love you”.
Taxi driver Tom Glover found Mr Littley in the road beside his bicycle at around 1.30am.
He said :” I called the ambulance, tried to put him in the recovery position and got some blankets to cover him from a nearby house. Then I sat and waited with him until the First Responders from Seaton arrived.
“I could not get anything out of him at all. You just feel so useless and I wish I could have done more.”
Kyle a former Axe Valley College pupil was a student at Bicton Agricultural College.