Seaton teenager loses battle for life
Cyclist never recovered from massive head injuries
A SEATON teenager has died - a week after falling from his bicycle.
Kyle Littley, 17, suffered massive head injuries after crashing near Colyton Grammar School in the early hours of Saturday November 14.
Yesterday his uncle Michael Markham told The Herald: “He fell off his bike in Gully Shoot and hit is head on the wall of a driveway.
“He was discovered unconscious by a taxi driver who called an ambulance. He was taken to hospital in Exeter but was immediately transferred to Derriford for specialist care.
You may also want to watch:
“After a week-long battle in ICU the doctors were unable to save him and he died on Sunday afternoon with his mother at his side.
“It was two months to the day before his 18th birthday.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
“He leaves behind a Loving mother, Tina, and father, Neil, a sister and a very distraught family. All who new him loved him and he will be very sadly missed.”
Tributes were paid to Kyle by his friends on the Facebook Website headed – “Rest in peace - we all love you”.
Taxi driver Tom Glover found Mr Littley in the road beside his bicycle at around 1.30am.
He said :” I called the ambulance, tried to put him in the recovery position and got some blankets to cover him from a nearby house. Then I sat and waited with him until the First Responders from Seaton arrived.
“I could not get anything out of him at all. You just feel so useless and I wish I could have done more.”
Kyle a former Axe Valley College pupil was a student at Bicton Agricultural College.