Seaton town councillor threatens action if time to object to Tesco plans is not extended
A SEATON town councillor has threatened to take action if the time period to object to Tesco plans is not extended. Graham Jones said he would go to the government ombudsmen as an individual if East Devon District Council did not give residents more time
A SEATON town councillor has threatened to take action if the time period to object to Tesco plans is not extended.
Graham Jones said he would go to the government ombudsmen as an individual if East Devon District Council did not give residents more time to comment on the application at the junction on Harbour Road.
He said during the monthly meeting that the council had given him an extension to oppose the plans, but he wanted it to include all residents in the area.
Speaking to the Herald he said: "I reserve the right to launch a complaint as an individual if they don't extend this to other people.
You may also want to watch:
"Possibly 200 households will be affected by this application and we only received the information on Saturday."
He said he was given until March 11 to make his views known. Town clerk David Mears said he understood that the date had been extended for everybody until March 4.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Life-saving first aid service will run until end of summer
- 7 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
- 8 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 9 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 10 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system