Seaton Town Hall: Wider implications of council's possible departure
EAST Devon District council says it will have to consider the wider implications of the departure of Seaton Town Council from Seaton Town Hall – if and when the council gives notice to quit the building.
EAST Devon District council says it will have to consider the wider implications of the departure of Seaton Town Council from Seaton Town Hall - if and when the council gives notice to quit the building.
The hall is currently leased from the district authority, but the town council is considering a proposal to relocate to an alternative building.
It is seeking planning permission to turn a dilapidated property, currently featured on Devon's Most Derelict website, on the outskirts of the town centre into its office base.
"At the moment, Seaton Town Council has not served notice on East Devon District Council that it plans to vacate the building, so it is too early to say what this might mean for the future of the hall," said a district council spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
"Seaton Town Council is not the only tenant or user of the building so if, and when, we receive their notice we will need to consider the wider implications of their departure.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 5 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon