Seaton Tramway on track for another top award
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Tramway has been shortlisted as a finalist in the ‘Artistic, Cultural and Learning Experience’ category of this year’s South West Tourism Excellence Awards
It will be presented with either gold, silver or bronze at a prestigious awards ceremony on February 2 in the new Lansdown Suite, at Ashton Gate Stadium, in Bristol.
The company says to have made it amongst the winners is a huge achievement, especially in England’s top region.
This year saw a record of 602 entries across the South West, and the team of judges undertook a biggest-ever 380 visits, selecting a total of 132 finalists and five highly commended.
As well as being a shortlisted finalist, Seaton Tramway has also been awarded ‘Highly Commended’ in the ‘Large Attraction of the Year’ category.
You may also want to watch:
This is expected to be the biggest tourism awards event ever in the region with up to 500 guests and a range of top speakers and entertainment. The finalists include winners from the Dorset, Bristol, Bath and Somerset, Cornwall and Devon tourism awards, all of which have been celebrated at county events during the autumn.
The full list of finalists and highly commended entries can be seen on the awards website at http://www.southwesttourismawards.org.uk/page/50/201617-finalists--hcs.htm.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon