Seaton youngsters to have say on spending of �75,000
SEATON residents are being invited to vote on how to spend �75,000 in the town on sport and recreation.
Voting was held last month for people to decide from a list of seven projects put forward by local community groups.
But the poll has been extended to make sure young people are fairly represented.
Options include a BMX track, outdoor gym, swimming provision and a youth shelter. On Friday, August 20, East Devon District Councillors and Seaton town councillors will be at the Axe Estuary Wetlands Wet and Wild event at Seaton Marshes Reserve (there will be parking at the Underfleet). Seaton’s young people will be able to vote for their preferences.
An EDDC spokesman said: “The response to these events has been fantastic and officers and town councillors are quick to praise and thank Seaton’s residents for their interest and support.
You may also want to watch:
As soon as the voting is finished, the winning projects will be announced and it is hoped work will begin in the near future.”
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit