Seaton youngsters to have say on spending of �75,000
SEATON residents are being invited to vote on how to spend �75,000 in the town on sport and recreation.
Voting was held last month for people to decide from a list of seven projects put forward by local community groups.
But the poll has been extended to make sure young people are fairly represented.
Options include a BMX track, outdoor gym, swimming provision and a youth shelter. On Friday, August 20, East Devon District Councillors and Seaton town councillors will be at the Axe Estuary Wetlands Wet and Wild event at Seaton Marshes Reserve (there will be parking at the Underfleet). Seaton’s young people will be able to vote for their preferences.
An EDDC spokesman said: “The response to these events has been fantastic and officers and town councillors are quick to praise and thank Seaton’s residents for their interest and support.
You may also want to watch:
As soon as the voting is finished, the winning projects will be announced and it is hoped work will begin in the near future.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Honiton bowlers move indoors with success